Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gig in three days, and I just came down with a cold... I don't really need to practice any of the songs, I'm just taking some improvised solos, but should I try and keep my chops in shape? I'd hate to make it worse, but then again, I doubt I'll be much better by then... On the other hand, I'm onstage for an hour and a half. I'm pretty stressed and I don't know what to do.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
Sometimes in life we have to cope with this sort if thing, thats just the way life is. I have done more gigs than I can count when I was feeling like total crap, from a regular cold to a flu with head pounding, stomach churning, weak, etc. and praying to have the strength to get through, and I give every bit of strength I can possibly muster to play to the best of my ability. and I always do. Fortunately I'm healthier than I used to be so its not such an issue as in days gone by, Whatever you do, unless you are really incapacitated, do not wuss out. Man (Woman) up, stop whining and do the gig.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man :). I promise I will not wuss out. Clarence Clemons played quite a few years in ridiculous pain and never missed a show. He apparently got his work ethic from his grandfathers ox. The question is really what I should do to prepare...

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,205 Posts
Just prepare the same way you would if you didn't have a cold.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,536 Posts
What you should do is change your lifestyle so that you are healthier and don't get sick. Thats what I did. Get in shape, and increase your stamina and lung capacity and energy. Diet, exercise, proper rest, reduce stress, and improve relationships.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey guys! just played the gig, and it went fantastically! thanks for all your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts