Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To all my friends and new friends..keep it goin' guys and gals..I'm playin' Vegas..trying to make a buck...

Everybody say's.. where's the music(?)...then they don't show up..anyway,keep doin it....People still freak on the SAX..Visit the Pro's section for some fun...

remember.. Long tones are where it's at..(once you know your scales)

Cash:twisted:

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more thing..forget the phone# on the site...

current is 702-524-2661

For those of you wondering who I am.. I just opened 4 nites a week here in Vegas at the 4 QUEENS with a Tom Jones Clone act..

I just recently finished the Wayne Newton show..

·
SOTW Member
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm workin' on it..I didn't get a color TV 'til '92..

PS,how do ya buy those websites anyway??

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
Cash,

Good to see your still working fairly regular. I may get into Vegas later this fall for a regional meeting. I'll try to touch base and see where your playing then.

Glen

PS Usually if you want to set up a website you have to get a service that will host the site for you. They usually will sell domain names (IE www.cashman.com) along with the package.

I use www.netfirms.com for my site as does Bayviewsax. Another choice is www.freewebs.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
CashSax said:
I'm workin' on it..I didn't get a color TV 'til '92..

PS,how do ya buy those websites anyway??
You don't even need to worry about a web site or hosting, you already have one. What you NEED to do is buy the domain (godaddy.com is a good place, I use mydomains.com because they have free stuff like email and domain forwarding) so that it is yours to do what you want with. Then, all you have to do is set it to forward to your existing site whenever someone types it in. It's really simple, and a lot more professional than having geocities or whatever in your name. It's also easier for people to remember. No one owns it right now, so go get it. I'll even set it up for you if you want. Takes <2 minutes.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
I know this will go over Cash's level of knowledge, but one thing to beware of (which I recnetly found out) is that when forwarding the domain name to another url, if you select domain masking (where your domain shows instead of the actual url inthe address bar) it actually creates a frame, and search engines do not like frames since they cannot scan the content, so you will not rank in the searches.

I have 3 domains hosted on one hosting account at godaddy, with two domains forwarded to subdomains (well one of them is at the moment.)

sometimes its like information overload, trying to keep ahead of the game.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Bill Mecca said:
I know this will go over Cash's level of knowledge, but one thing to beware of (which I recnetly found out) is that when forwarding the domain name to another url, if you select domain masking (where your domain shows instead of the actual url inthe address bar) it actually creates a frame, and search engines do not like frames since they cannot scan the content, so you will not rank in the searches.

I have 3 domains hosted on one hosting account at godaddy, with two domains forwarded to subdomains (well one of them is at the moment.)

sometimes its like information overload, trying to keep ahead of the game.
Yeah, I'm trying to bring him into the 20th century...we'll worry about search engines later. I usually tell people not to worry too much about SEO until they have the site right (like having the right phone # ;)) and are getting results from their "Sphere of Influence", then work on that.....when was the last time you saw a highly ranked Geocities page, anyway?

I see he did at least buy his domain name, which is more proactive than some of the folks I work with, so there is hope.....at least SOMEONE bought the domain name, I hope it was him......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts