Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what good cases fit a Martin Committee III tenor? Just overhauled one for a customer in Australia and the original case is both heavy and too large for Australia's extremely restrictive mail rules if I want to pack it well at all.

(USPS won't ship it, FedEx won't ship it, UPS quote me $530)

Thanks in advance!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,612 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I'd bet a Hiscox would be a good fit.

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,345 Posts
A Committee II fits in a Hiscox

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
New cases?

Mine fits great in an older standard Pro Tec contoured. But doesn't fit in the newest standard Pro Tec (I'm guessing the modern XL is the equivalent of my older 'standard').

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I use a pro tec contoured for my The Martin alto and tenor. They work great! The only issue is that the neck will not fit in the "neck spot" in the tenor case due to the screw. I use a neck pouch in the bell for my tenor.

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
I use a pro tec contoured for my The Martin alto and tenor. They work great! The only issue is that the neck will not fit in the "neck spot" in the tenor case due to the screw. I use a neck pouch in the bell for my tenor.
I have a 3 year old Protec XL contour case for my The Martin Tenor. The horn fits perfectly and the neck does fit in the neck compartment when I tighten the screw all the way in. It's snug, but goes in fine.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Me
2,058 Posts
Just for info, the moulded Berkeley case I've had for decades easily fitted three different Martin tenors I've had, and everything else as well ! Pretty indestructable too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts