Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in a successful rock band, and am going to need the best heavy duty road cases for my woodwinds. I have a Soprano sax (straight with two necks), an Alto sax (Selmer Series II), a tenor sax (Yamaha Custom), flute (an upper end Yamaha), and a clarinet. Any suggestions. I would like to use as few cases as possible (I have a treypak for my alto, flute and clarinet), but the cases being heavy duty and the instrument protection is the most important. Any suggestions?

Greg

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,809 Posts
Dont' know if they do saxophone cases but they do all sorts of really heavy duty stuff for many types of use, they do customized work
http://peli.com/
Check it out

·
SOTW Administrator
26,204 Posts
ATA cases that are custom fitted to your regular case (case within a case) is probably the best, if not most inexpensive solution.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You should look into Calzone case company. I travel a lot and have a couple cases from them, they are the best I've found. You could fit all those axes in one case if you want to.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Cases needed for heavy gigging?

I'm a case and I love to gig...

oh, you mean THOSE kind of cases! :-(

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,960 Posts
believe it or not -i have an anvil road case for a clarinet -i would sell it if interested. doubt i will ever need it as my touring days are over

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
hakukani said:
ATA cases that are custom fitted to your regular case (case within a case) is probably the best, if not most inexpensive solution.
This doesn't answer your question directly, but maybe something to think about - Actually, at the moment (because of an experience travelling last month) I'm looking into over sized suitcases (with trolley) and am considering leaving my horn in a very lightweight case for daily use and packing the entire thing in a larger suitcase cushioned by my clothes for traveling. Then some of the items I usually would carry in my suitcase can go in my carry-on bag.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It seems to me that a soft case in a soft suitcase cushioned by soft things would work but would not give me the sense of security that an ATA case would. If I were you, I would get maybe 2 ATA cases, one the size of the treypack you already have and one that could fit the tenor and the sop together. There are of course several different ways to pair the instruments.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008-2017
2,234 Posts
¡bam!

Tried many... Bam, Softpack is the best. They manufacture the Selmer cases but seem to be more comfortable. They protect very well the instrument and are easy to carry.

Go for BAM.

All the Best,

JI

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,487 Posts
i only have used and ever will use, i think, Hiscox cases for gigging and general use, lightweight, enough storage space, stabproof ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts