Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have an 11M bari with the original case, and, although it's made it through all the years with no major damage, I can hear it rattling in the case a little when I move it.

Anyone have any knowledge about what modern cases fit an 11M, or methods to secure an 11M in the original case? Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
824 Posts
I would think a basic Protec would fit, I don't know for sure.
It fits my MKVI Bb& my Yani Bari as well.

My MKVI doesn't fit in the stock Yani Case though!

·
3,938 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I have a Protec Pro-Pac case. It fits both 11M and 12M perfectly — though not at the same time. Great case - highly recommended.

BEWARE: whatever you do, do NOT get an SKB hard case — they're a complete waste of money if you play Conn 11M or 12M; the SKB case is designed for modern baris which don't have as big an angle on the bell. The 12M can be made to fit (but it's a hell of an effort); no way will an 11M go inside.

·
824 Posts
I think the Pro Tec is great, especially for the money. I have their universal back pack strap that works on their Alto and Tenor Cases.

My Bari Case is older and doesn't accommodate the universal back pack strap. I would be interested in using the universal back pack strap on my

Bari, it would be great in getting the sax up and down the stairs.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I think the Pro Tec is great, especially for the money. I have their universal back pack strap that works on their Alto and Tenor Cases.

My Bari Case is older and doesn't accommodate the universal back pack strap. I would be interested in using the universal back pack strap on my

Bari, it would be great in getting the sax up and down the stairs.
I use the backpack straps all the time with my tenor case but when I tried them on my Protec bari case it didn't work well for me as the straps held the case so that it hit me in the back of the calf when walking. I'm 5'8'' and I'd guess you'd need to be close to 6 foot or taller for the backpack straps to be comfortable to use on the bari case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your helpful information, including the links!

Right now I'm thinking I'll get a Protec, but I'm still entertaining making my own cushions.

·
7,904 Posts
I modified an old Yamaha YBS61 low A case to fit my Low Bb The Martin baritone.
It's not the prettiest looking case internally, but it protects far far better than the original case.

·
3,003 Posts
Hi. I have an 11M bari with the original case, and, although it's made it through all the years with no major damage, I can hear it rattling in the case a little when I move it.

Anyone have any knowledge about what modern cases fit an 11M, or methods to secure an 11M in the original case? Thanks!
Go to a hardware store, buy some foam matting and a hot glue gun. $30 total investment. Works a treat
View attachment 236298

·
3,938 Posts

·
3,003 Posts
Is that material like what is used for a kneepad doing gardening? a soft smooth closed cell foam rubber? Looks like your horn is bare brass? I ask because I’m wondering if anybody has had any reaction problems to a lacquer from any from use.
I know neoprene reacts to it for one.

$10usd/4 pads
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Set-of-4...lity-Comfort-7-x-5-x-15-Multi-Color/358022823
It’s the interlocking stuff you put on the floor of your garage etc
The lacquer was stripped years ago, well before the rubber was installed

·
3,938 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts