Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats a good fit? I prefer a hard case since I don't travel, and it'd be awesome if it had room to lot some books and charts/music in it. Id prefer it to lock too. I've had problems at my school with people going into my case and hiding my stuff as a joke... Cept the whole hour of band i was looking for it...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've used Pro-Tec cases with good success. They come in formed and standard configurations. I'm currently using an Eastman form-fitted fiberglass case. It fits pretty well too.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
My Silver Sonic tenor is in a contoured Pro Tec at the moment. They have a lot of room for gear, but not as great for sheet music as a rectangular case. They also can be locked using the zippers, but do not come with a lock.

If you were to go the PT way, DO NOT get a standard case as a S20 absolutely will not fit in one...you would need an XL.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
7,866 Posts
I f you want to carry sheet music without folding it, you'll have to go with a box style case. Protec and BAM make good ones, but they can't be locked. Alternatively you could just get any other good case and carry the sheets in a separate bag. Hiscox cases are good, but ugly IMHO. No idea if they have locks. The aforementioned BAM, Protec, and also Winter, SKB and Gator cases are all good. Make sure your horn fits well before you buy anything.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Saxus Envious Curmudgeon
3,860 Posts
I also use the Hiscox case with mine....works great and fits perfectly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts