Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the C-sax crowd...

I recently picked up a 1922 TT C-Melody, and am having it overhauled and put back into playing condition. Didn't come with a case - short of trying to hunt down an original in decent shape, what are my options for a sturdy modern case that'll fit this horn? Any advice from those in the know would be much appreciated.

Cheers, MF

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, I know MarcoMagi makes cases according to sax measurements. I sent him measurements of my The Martin Tenor to make it perfect fit. Maybe they have tenor/alto/bari/etc blanks which they adjust but I would definitely contact them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but why create a new one for the exact same question? I just had an overhaul done on a 1924 Buescher, the old case smells foul and I need to get something new as I can't put the horn back in there.

DEG seems to have disappeared, not finding any other good options.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but why create a new one for the exact same question? I just had an overhaul done on a 1924 Buescher, the old case smells foul and I need to get something new as I can't put the horn back in there.

DEG seems to have disappeared, not finding any other good options.
Strip all the old innards out, repair any loose joints in the box, re-line with foam rubber and velvet - done.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I spent a few hours on my bari case (same problem) and just re-padded it, even using the same liner and it came out great, no smell at all. If the structure of the case is ok, then that's going to be the easiest way. It'll be a labor of love and you may spend more on it time-wise than buying a new case if you can find one.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
1,831 Posts
C melody cases are available from Allied Supply.. it's a band instrument tool company. Almost any repair shop can get one.

·
Registered
Oboe/Bb Clarinet/Eb Clarinet/Alto Sax/Flute/Piccolo
32 Posts
Considering getting a reed and squeak for my conn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts