Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a case that will work well with a "The Martin" bari?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I figure you might be looking for something a little nicer/more modern, but those standard woodshell shaped cases with the black toltex that you see sitting aorund everywhere work great...that's what my 'the martin' was stored in without issue.

I've also seen them in the protec contoured cases a lot...they're nice sturdy cases, and they're nice and light, too.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
saxandstrings86 said:
I've also seen them in the protec contoured cases a lot...they're nice sturdy cases, and they're nice and light, too.
Yes, I'm using a "Mt. Vernon" which I purchased from Saxquest.com and is supposed to be a Protec knockoff - it's a great fit. Rather than put the cushioned neck pouch in the bell, I place it just above the bell (since the horn is not a low "A" model, there is room), and this makes for a nice snug fit for everything.

63 Posts
Some martin baritones actually had the low A key (I think some later RMC magna baritones had them). Would that case you mentioned still have a comfortable fit? Dealing with two bell keys on the "opposite" side is bad enough when looking for cases, 3 would make it worse.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Martin Magna Commitee Sax said:
Some martin baritones actually had the low A key (I think some later RMC magna baritones had them). Would that case you mentioned still have a comfortable fit? Dealing with two bell keys on the "opposite" side is bad enough when looking for cases, 3 would make it worse.
It was advertised as fitting either an A or a Bb, and it looks to me like it should fit both, though I haven't actually tried the A. Like I said, there's a good amount of room above the bell with a Bb put in there, so I'm able to lay the mouthpiece pouch (which came with the case, and is actually pretty bulky) on its side, above the bell, instead of putting it in the bell (which I would probably have to do if the horn were a low-A). I'm not sure if Saxquest.com (where I bought this) is still carrying these, but it works great, and it was advertised by them as basically a Protec copy. It accommodates the left-sided bell keys very well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts