Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,

My lovely 10m needs a new case, as the old one is starting to leave a pressure dent in the bell (it is the original case, so it's worked pretty well for the last 60 years or so). I just got an SKB 455 for my YTS-61 and was thinking of getting another for teh 10m, but am afraid that the horn just plain ol' wont fit. I hate, hate, hate, hate soft cases.

Any suggestions on what the ol' girl should be kept in?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,891 Posts
I've kept one in the Protec contoured and that is a great case. Its still a fully wood shell case, just has a fabric shell and zipper closure.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
I have a leather form fit protec case...very nice and works well for my 10m

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
The search function will bring up some old threads where this has been addressed & you'll be able to pull lots of opinions from there. I'm in love with my BAM Trekking case. VERY protective & LOTS of storage space.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Mine is a 1950s 10m--fits nicely in a protech contoured case.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor
4,379 Posts
Hiscox is a perfect fit, light and great protection..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,998 Posts
Hiscox is a perfect fit, light and great protection..
I've got mine in a Hiscox, but they are crazy expensive these days. I think I paid around $175 for mine, and last I checked, they were about double that now. I'll keep my Hiscox, but my Silversonic is in a Protec and I'd be happy with my 10M in one as well if I were in the market.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ordered a Protec contoured XL at the recomendations of the many here. Thanks, all!

I am currently letting a friend borrow my 10m until her 14m gets fixed (yeah, I made her promise that she'll give it back). Since I have been playing in a horn line with her lately, I had the uniquie opportunity to play both the 10m and my YTS-61 for a good friend of mine who also just happens to be an amazing musician. He really liked both horns, but there is a certain distinction he made that is going to stick with me for a while:

"The Yamaha will get you the audition. The Conn will get you the gig."

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
I just ordered a Protec contoured XL at the recomendations of the many here. Thanks, all!

I am currently letting a friend borrow my 10m until her 14m gets fixed (yeah, I made her promise that she'll give it back). Since I have been playing in a horn line with her lately, I had the uniquie opportunity to play both the 10m and my YTS-61 for a good friend of mine who also just happens to be an amazing musician. He really liked both horns, but there is a certain distinction he made that is going to stick with me for a while:

"The Yamaha will get you the audition. The Conn will get you the gig."
Like it! OTOH the YTS61 may enable you to keep the gig!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts