Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a case for my tenor to use until I can get my original restored.(mark vi tri-pack) I have seen plenty of ones from wxd. my questions are: will a mark vi fit in them, and what is the quality? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Registered
don't buy it for the simple reason it has only two latches. you don't want your Mark VI kissing the ground.
for your purpose, I recommend you go with a SKB rectangular instead.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Protec it will work beautifully

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't buy it for the simple reason it has only two latches. you don't want your Mark VI kissing the ground.
for your purpose, I recommend you go with a SKB rectangular instead.
thanks. I definitely don't want a big repair for my vi. will check them out.

The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
FWIW, I have never had latches fail on a variety of cases and instruments.
Frankly, I can't stand zippers vs. latches. YMMV

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
What bothers you guys about zippers? They take about 4 seconds to open or close.

Registered
If you can wait a month or two, hold out for the Boston Sax shop case. I got a chance to look over a prototype and it鈥檚 very promising indeed.

Registered
Zippers take longer and more dedicated effort to open or close. I've owned two zip-up cases, my Protec and the case that came with a P. Mauriat that I bought and sold. I much prefer my Hiscox (alto), and pretty much all my vintage latch cases. My King Zephyr case has those cool spring-loaded latches you flick to one side to open. Someone should make those again.

Registered
I used to be a fan of hard, boxy vintage cases but my Protec is really growing on me. It is a lot more comfortable to carry around and so far has provided 100% protection from evil. If you have to lug your horn around for more than a mile, get the backpack straps, total game-changer. I was going to restore the original case for my king, but why bother unless I wanted to sell?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts