Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

1. Any suggestion for a case for a tipped bell soprano? I can get a Protec case for used in good shape, and in the shops near by there aint much to choose from when it comes to soprano cases.

2. What mouthpiece to look for to get the palm key notes to speak? This tipped bell is modified with F and F#, my v16 tip 7 don't do it, well if I really work at it, but I believe in playing should be comfortable.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,409 Posts
As you know the current (last 20 years) Asian 'saxello' is really a copy of the 'Tipped-Bell' Buescher but with removable neck. The reason I mention this is there is no aftermarket case for either the current 'saxello' or a real Tipped-Bell. The R&C 'Semi-Curvo' is the closest thing to a real Buescher but I can't be confident in saying the case for one would fit it. Like the Tipped-Bell, it is a one-piece sax so maybe it would work. So you would have to find an R&C case or an aftermarket one for it.

For soprano mouthpiece problems I recommend Soprano Planet. The minute I blew the first few notes on a SP 'Missing Link' I knew I had my ultimate soprano mouthpiece. And I do play a 'saxello'/semi-curvo/tipped bell.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Protec case, the long version fitted perfectly because you can arrange different supporting walls.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,409 Posts
Man, that looks great! You guys are fortunate to have real Tipped-Bells.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,030 Posts
A to the palm notes not speaking, Make sure you hold the horn up and don't tilt it down like a clarinet. Try to keep the mouthpiece exiting the mouth like an alto or tenor otherwise the lower lip will not have proper placement.,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts