Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

Got this a number of years ago at an auction hoping to eventually learn to play. Well, 25 or so years later, not so much. Hoping to learn in retirement, which is in 5 years or so. I know this is a stencil of what is most likely a Buescher, and I realize the sax itself may not be from 1914 - I think that is the date for the bell of the horn?

Physically, seems to be in good sha[e, no damaged or missing parts ( small dent in horn bell).

Anyway, I am wondering if this is worth getting fixed up (pads, oiled, cleaning, etc) or when the time comes just rent one and see how it goes. I realize it probably isn't worth much, although it seems it was well used so may have a good sound?

Anyway, opinions would be appreciated. I am cleaning things out of my home and came across this, so figured I'd ask!

thanks!

Al

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First, let me say thank you to all who posted and answered my questions those 5 years ago. A number of things happened shortly after I posted, so never got back to you all. Hopefully, you are all around to still thank!

Les - I never did any followup on it, but have no reason to doubt Kurt's analysis. Funny, after I posted it, I put it back away, and now am in process of selling house so it is in an auction. We'll see how it goes.

Still hoping to learn in retirement - although that looks like 2021, not 2020!

Stay healthy all!

Thanks again all!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.