1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all fellow players.
This is my recording of the song "Can't help falling in Love "
It was played using my Tenor Selmer Mark VII with Otto link Super Tone Master NY 6* and Rico Royal 2 1/2 reed.
I appreciate your comments on this playing .
Many thanks in advance

·
Registered
JS Crescent, JS NOS, Selmer SBA, Couf Superba I, Conn, Buescher, King
1,837 Posts
Hi all fellow players.
It was played using my Tenor Selmer Mark VII with Otto link Super Tone Master NY 6* and Rico Royal 2 1/2 reed.
Many thanks in advance
Dug your sincerity.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
“I play sax but mostly it plays me”
9,203 Posts
Hi all fellow players.
Many thanks in advance
Nice Legato and mostly smooth approaches especially in the low register. I could see you taking in bigger breaths only inhaling on rests after or before full passages. This way the flow is not interrupted. Work on approaches and attacks being right in pitch not scooping up from a "boffed" note or tonguing. Otherwise great job overall and a classic tune.

·
Registered
Selmer MarkVII Tenor
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice Legato and mostly smooth approaches especially in the low register. I could see you taking in bigger breaths only inhaling on rests after or before full passages. This way the flow is not interrupted. Work on approaches and attacks being right in pitch not scooping up from a "boffed" note or tonguing. Otherwise great job overall and a classic tune.
Many thanks for your opinion.. I will be working to improve on approaches and attacks as you recommend. Thanks again.
Soon I will be posting a Christmas song...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.