Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://soundcloud.com/user-805266588%2Fbendy-blues
Was having trouble putting together practice and videos lately. Had to remind myself why I play and to have some fun! Jamming some Bb Blues on my 10mfan Celebration here - Hope you all enjoy, comments and criticisms welcome. And more importantly, any other people reminding themselves to have fun with everything - share your tunes!

·
Administrator Emeritus
18,468 Posts
That was fun to listen too Jared, very nice! :)

And I can hear you enjoyed playing that Blues a lot, so don't mind the occasional motivation issues (we all have them). Best to keep the motivation up is to play regularly with other people in a band, to concentrate on stuff you enjoy and to have something to work towards to (a gig for instance).

·
TOTM administrator
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter, I was doing my practice patterns/lessons and just not feeling any connection to it - and wanted to do a youtube video but was getting angry at mistakes. So i paused and said lets just do something fun!! Just a good reminder if you're solo playing like me and get caught into a practice loop - makes it too much like forced work!

I do certainly agree with you though - need to get out and get a gig or a group to play with for some extra motivation! That said, my life and travel have gotten in the way of everything I had planned in that regard. Not going to be easy due to my current work (24/7 support, travel, and on call requirements) - but it may be time for me to find some new work, and that should allow for a more flexible schedule!

·
Administrator Emeritus
18,468 Posts
I had the same issue about 20 years ago working as IT consultant for a mulitnational and doing projects all over the World. I found that the extended work travel did have a too big impact on my private life and hobbies (making music is only one of them, but I'm also a semi professional billiards player). So I 'invented' together with my manager a new job position for me where I could combine both work and private in a way that suited me better. :)

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
https://soundcloud.com/user-805266588%2Fbendy-blues
Was having trouble putting together practice and videos lately. Had to remind myself why I play and to have some fun! Jamming some Bb Blues on my 10mfan Celebration here - Hope you all enjoy, comments and criticisms welcome. And more importantly, any other people reminding themselves to have fun with everything - share your tunes!
Jared,
I found in your track very interesting moments. When started it sounded too trivial... I left it play without concentration and read some article.
So, few kind of wow moments stopped me from reading... we all know what it is. Understand and agree with your's and Peter's "polemic".

The conclusions from my experience are: recording under time pressure and other disturbing things is NO GOOD. Live Video is an additional constraint for recording quality content
and requires fluent knowledge of the music to be recorded; again for getting quality output...

Reactions: J-Moen

·
TOTM administrator
6,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jared,
I found in your track very interesting moments. When started it sounded too trivial... I left it play without concentration and read some article.
So, few kind of wow moments stopped me from reading... we all know what it is. Understand and agree with your's and Peter's "polemic".

The conclusions from my experience are: recording under time pressure and other disturbing things is NO GOOD. Live Video is an additional constraint for recording quality content
and requires fluent knowledge of the music to be recorded; again for getting quality output...
Definitely not the most inspired playing, but you were right on with it! Gotta limit the pressure and keep the joy in it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts