Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When not logged in it is impossible to access the bottom of any page as ads keep appearing before you have a chance to scroll down. You get to see briefly see the stats, theme chooser, contact link etc. but then the ads come back and hide them.

·
28,917 Posts

·
Administrator
1,521 Posts
Is it possible to zoom the page aspect out or to broaden the browser window? Alternatively are there any in browser apps which are causing this issue for you? View attachment 249610

This is a view of what I can see from Chrome incognito, can you recreate this in your own incognito browser? If so it may be an add-on otherwise affecting the script somewhere

-Gerrit

·
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No with ingoniuto same issue.

I can actually see the bottom of the page for a fraction of a second before more ads load ad infinitum. Page zoom or browser width make no difference.

·
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I can't seem to replicate this issue. Are you running an extensions on your browser?

Lee
On Safari no extensions

On Chrome only a couple of fairly standard ones:

1Password & Fireshot (Neither can be the problem because it's the same on other browsers)

And it looks like Fireshot (which does a screenshot of the entire page not just what's visible) is useful to show you exactly the issue:

View attachment 249880 (Click twice to enlarge and see the problem)

·
Administrator
1,521 Posts
That is a drastic misfire but I still can't replicate it here. I suspect it may be something up on the location side of things. I'm trying to get a good VPN replication of your region to confirm.

I will keep you posted. In the meantime, if you have a VPN of your own that can mask your location can you try it and see if you get the same results?

Kyle

·
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is a drastic misfire but I still can't replicate it here. I suspect it may be something up on the location side of things. I'm trying to get a good VPN replication of your region to confirm.

I will keep you posted. In the meantime, if you have a VPN of your own that can mask your location can you try it and see if you get the same results?
No, I don't have a VPN

·
28,917 Posts

·
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently that particular partner is designed to scroll indefinitely which is why it's guest only

Kyle
So a guest cannot use the contact link because a "partner" (whatever that is) has decided they shouldn't be able to get to that link, or choose a different style. Instead they must just get frustrated by scrolling through a load of inane clickbait.

Is this seriously what you want for SOTW?

·
Administrator
1,521 Posts
Actually, the fact that it is burying the footer raises other questions that give me a different avenue to address this, thank you

Kyle

·
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually, the fact that it is burying the footer raises other questions that give me a different avenue to address this, thank you

Kyle
Any news?

·
28,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Afraid not. Seems to have been stalled a bit as it's proving hard for us to recreate

Kevin
But you accept there is infinite scrolling form your partner?

It's very easy for me to recreate, just log out. See screenshot above.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts