Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I know at around 2005 she got her Inderbinden then "Dropped it," and switched back to her Mark VI. But in some more recent videos it would appear as though (judging by the neck) that she's been playing on a Balanced Action?

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m6v4MerLaw>

Maybe some one could confirm this? Is it maybe a backup saxophone? Because, I have seen other videos where she is still using her Mk VI.

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
Why does it matter?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,083 Posts
Isn't curiosity enough reason to ask?

Also obsession.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Maybe she just wants everyone to know we can't afford her....

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
How much? (the sax, not Candy).

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Because it gives us an excuse to look at pictures of Candy Dulfer, not to mention listen to her play.
Yes she's very nice but could someone please stop her singing (see youtube clip at #1). Shut up, Candy! To be fair, I don't like Lester Young singing either, just to put that remark in context. Shut up, Lester! Also, I think it's perfectly ok to have a good natter about what sax/mp etc she uses. "A source of innocent merriment" and all that ..

·
Non Resident SOTW Eccentric & 2012 Forum Contribut
3,259 Posts
Because it gives us an excuse to look at pictures of Candy Dulfer, not to mention listen to her play.
Now that makes excellent sense to me. I find her very easy on both eye and ear. But I must confess, when I look I am not watching her mpce or trying to determine if she is playing an SBA or an HBC or anything else.

Their just tools guys n gals. Not grails...although somewhat holey.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,083 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
I find her very easy on both eye and ear. But I must confess, when I look I am not watching her mpce or trying to determine if she is playing an SBA or an HBC or anything else.
I was thinking the exact same thing...eye Candy for sure.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Several points here:

1. Candy is likely the prettiest popular sax player out there today. And visuals are a very important and valid part of any live performance. It's just worth saying.

2. The type of sax and setup that a pro uses is important to know since it indicates a level of quality, performance, a specific type of tone, and just general success as a tool worthy of being used by a high-achieving professional. Otherwise, everyone would just play a Yamaha 23 with a 4C mouthpiece and be content.

3. More information on Candy's current setup would be useful. This stuff about some sax that nobody else can get yet is not really answering the questions.

·
Registered
923 Posts
You can't buy them yet. AFAIK there's only one (or maybe a few) prototypes. I played it, it's a nice horn.
5400 euros...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts