Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded the mexi-Conn alto sax I had for a tenor Bundy Mark II. I can't tell much about it. It seems to play to me, but I'm a noob and not all that qualified to tell how well it plays.

The only thing I see that's wrong with it is a dent on the side of the neck. Additionally, the cork is severely compressed where the mouthpiece apparently sat on it forever. He told me he had it set up in his basement and never played it so it has it's share of cobwebs. Should I consider just buying a new neck off ebay or someplace? Or is that a bad idea?

·
Registered
726 Posts
The cork is not a problem, it can be replaced easily. I do not know about a problem with the dent, my Mk VI neck has a tiny little dent on it, I am sure it can get fixed or play just fine with the dent, but it might depend on how big, that I'm not sure about.
I'm sure you do not need to buy a new neck, but again, depends on the size of the dent.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After looking at the dent more closely, there is a corresponding one on the other side. It appears someone took vice grips to it to pull the neck out of the body. So, a visit to a tech is definitely in order.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts