Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tongue crib is fixed in my mouth with the braces and I am worried if I can play my alto saxophone.Will my tongue crib stop me from playing my saxophone?I play in a marching band and I really want to keep playing.If you can give me some advise with this or any tips I will appreciate it.Thank you.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,309 Posts
Cn you say LOOLOOLOO or TOOTOOTOO? If so. you should still be able to blow and articulate.
Thousands of kids manage to play well with an assortment of hardware in their mouths.
It just takes some experimanting during practice time to see what adaptations you'll need to make.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
An appliance used to limit undesirable tongue movements, usually constructed to prevent its protrusion between the anterior teeth.No,my orthodontist said I have a tongue thrust problem.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
27,933 Posts
An appliance used to limit undesirable tongue movements, usually constructed to prevent its protrusion between the anterior teeth.No,my orthodontist said I have a tongue thrust problem.
Have you tried the crib yet?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,590 Posts
The tongue crib is fixed in my mouth with the braces and I am worried if I can play my alto saxophone.
Could you play the saxophone before you got the extra hardware??? :twisted:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
1,445 Posts
well .. according to George Garzone you should be able to play even better! ;o)

·
27,933 Posts
Originally Posted by kngman

I meant to ask, but was sorta afraid to, "What exactly is a 'tongue thrust' problem?"

Jesus Christ, man. You should get that signed and framed and hang it next to your bed.
:sign5:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I meant to ask, but was sorta afraid to, "What exactly is a 'tongue thrust' problem?"

Ahuman behavioral pattern in which the tongue protrudes through the anterior incisors during swallowing, speech, and while the tongue is at rest.My tongue thrust my front teeth causing a open bite and i need the tongue crib to stop the tongue from pushing my teeth while i have my braces.

·
27,933 Posts

Ahuman behavioral pattern in which the tongue protrudes through the anterior incisors during swallowing, speech, and while the tongue is at rest.My tongue thrust my front teeth causing a open bite and i need the tongue crib to stop the tongue from pushing my teeth while i have my braces.
Is your tongue just too long for your mouth?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can still play the saxophone and i was section leader till my band director moved me to tuba today.Saxophone is still my favorite insturment.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I can still play the saxophone and i was section leader till my band director moved me to tuba today.Saxophone is still my favorite insturment.
What a disappointing action by your band director. Tell him you're going to play the instrument you want to play.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im back on saxophone now and i play tenor saxophone!Thanks for the support and wish me the best of luck on tenor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts