Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I am gonna sell this saxophone for my cousin.. I don't know the model number of this saxophone.. The extras & manual all say Yamaha... on the upper body of the saxophone, up by where the neck attaches.. It is engraved 447....
Can anybody help me identify this saxophone.. ?????
I attached a picture of the engraving if that helps..
Thanks so very much.. My cousin is a college student & having to pay for everything himself.. So I wanna get the most out of this for him that I can.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
1,863 Posts
Hi, the saxiophone in the picture is definately not a Yamaha. By the style and way the engraving has been done it looks like one of the chinese horns.

All Yamaha instruments have the word Yamaha stamped on them or stencilled on the bell in purple ( older style instruments) they also have a model and serial number at the back of the body tube at the base just above where it meets the bow (u bend at the bottom)

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,886 Posts
I agree, this is not (but in general terms you need to post more than one such picture to identify a saxophone!) a Yamaha and by the looks of the pads (the colour seems a rather more red-ish colour than a walnut brown colour ) it would be a Chinese saxophone (if it says Yamaha than this is probably a fake which you might very well want to report to Yamaha or the authority).

I disagree on ALL older style yamaha having necessarily a purple logo.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/MKVII fanatic/Forum Cont
1,211 Posts
It's kinda hard to tell just by the engraving on the front of the bell. can you post some side view pics of the keys & side of the bell? maybe the front of the neck?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
There is a seller in the Boston area who puts auctions on ebay saying "XYZ alto sax, Yamaha kit" to get searchers to see the Yamaha mention and bid on it. Maybe this horn is one of those.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am gonna sell this saxophone for my cousin.. I don't know the model number of this saxophone.. The extras & manual all say Yamaha... on the upper body of the saxophone, up by where the neck attaches.. It is engraved 447....
Can anybody help me identify this saxophone.. ?????
I attached a picture of the engraving if that helps..
Thanks so very much.. My cousin is a college student & having to pay for everything himself.. So I wanna get the most out of this for him that I can.
Here is the rest of the pictures I have of this saxophone..

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,886 Posts
cheap Chinese sax........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts