Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
8,275 Posts
A better neck possibly could make a positive difference in your horn. Its likely that the necks mentioned could be easily adapted to your horn and might just drop in.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,665 Posts
I have the G1 that came with my Yas 82Z and both the Yamaha V1 and Barone necks fit easily into the 82Z. I also tried the stock neck on a an older 21 and it fit my horn. I'm using now a neck from a Keilwerth St 90 and like the tone alot Neck is a little loose so I use plumbers teflon tape to get a better seal. K

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,885 Posts
I see one mention of it on post #23 that's a easy fix. My concern would be the tenon size.
Still plenty affordable enough to send Yamaha a inquiry email to qualify that.

Did custom search " V1 neck on 26" in the custom search box on the upper portion of our page. Here's the result. You may try different keywords with better success.
https://forum.saxontheweb.net/gtsearch.php?q=V1 on 26

·
Registered
VI, MKX, VR, YTS26, Barone tenors. AD, TW, 10mfan, Link, Brilhart mouthpieces.
157 Posts
The 82z G3 neck fits the YTS-23 but the octave key needs to be reshaped slightly. Made the 23 sound much richer, fuller, darker, with excellent intonation. A keeper mod.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 82z G3 neck fits the YTS-23 but the octave key needs to be reshaped slightly. Made the 23 sound much richer, fuller, darker, with excellent intonation. A keeper mod.
So to close the loop. The V1 neck tenon is a little smaller and needs to be enlarged by a technician. A small extension needs to be added to the octave mechanism and then it's all systems go. The tone is slightly better but to me, not significantly so. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts