Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all the SOTW members in Colombia.
I will be travelling to Colombia in Early August with some friends for about 3 weeks.
Would love to know of some Jazz clubs to possibly visit whilst there.
Particularly in Bogota and Cartagena.
And perhaps in Medellin also.
In fact any interesting places for live music.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions.
Nick.

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
I used to go to Columbia a lot in the 80’s. I was more interested in hearing Salsa and Vallenato than Jazz.
There are some great musicians and music there. An absolutely beautiful country, great food and very friendly people.
Even with all the things going on there back then I never felt unsafe or unwelcome.
I have some great memories of traveling there.
I know theres a jazz school in Medellin because an American piano player I know teaches there.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to go to Columbia a lot in the 80’s. I was more interested in hearing Salsa and Vallenato than Jazz.
There are some great musicians and music there. An absolutely beautiful country, great food and very friendly people.
Even with all the things going on there back then I never felt unsafe or unwelcome.
I have some great memories of traveling there.
I know theres a jazz school in Medellin because an American piano player I know teaches there.
Thanks.
We are travelling with a good friend of ours who is from Bogota, so he knows of many places to go to hear Vallenato and Salsa.
But is not aware of many jazz venues apart from a piano bar in Bogota.
A google search has brought up some more well known places, but thought I’d see if anyone knows of any hidden gems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts