Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,444 Posts
It was an old band member that got me back into it. An opener for Huey was one of the first "big" shows I did with them. Enjoy. If your experience goes like mine you'll end up immersed in the whole sax thing.

·
6,444 Posts
Here in Arizona they use the same photo on our driver's liscenses until we hit age 65. That next photo hits your reality like a ton of manure.
I made sure to look really wasted and didn't shave for a few days when I got my DL. That way I'll always look better than my ID if I get pulled over. ;).

·
6,444 Posts
"Just when you think you're out.....they pull you back in again". It's kind of funny, but the touring band I played with 15 years ago has needed a sub for their ailing horn player - they're still together after all these years. I have not played regularly for over 10 years. They called me for a few shows and next thing you know I'm doing some pretty big shows (for me that is). Opening for "Toots and the Maytals" 2 nights and "Huey Lewis and the News" for another. The News show is at the 5,000 seat Bank of America Pavilion in Boston. I'm having much more fun now than when I played for a living.
Let us know how this works out. My similar experience has been fun - and varied. We've been treated like dirt by some headliners and told to stay out of the green room, and others we have shared the experience, made friends, met great (and famous) musicians and then carried the party from the venue to the hotel or after party when the show was over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts