Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found that my little sister thought it would be fun to get out my tenor cstar mouthpiece... if I can find ANYONE who has one for less than $100 it would be awesome. Please help.... thank you!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,136 Posts
Check teh Marketplace here, go to the Mouthpiece threads and you will probably find one. Also check ebay. The C* is not that popular for tenro so you should find one OK.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-17
831 Posts
IMO it has too closed of a tip opening. C* is fine for alto, but a Selmer D would be better for tenor. Might be time for an upgrade now.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Yeah, other legit players tend to agree with Kelpie. Bamber classic could be a cheap alternative.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
The equivalent facing for a C* alto on tenor is a D. Paul Coats wrote an article on this very subject.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i've talked to a couple of sax professors around here, and they both recommend the C*. Looks like i'll be blowing another $170 :-/

·
Registered
295 Posts
Well, i've talked to a couple of sax professors around here, and they both recommend the C*. Looks like i'll be blowing another $170 :-/
I have a C* complete with a gold cap and a lig. In good condition and plays well, $70
StanB

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
Which profs would those be? Very few people still use the C* facing for tenor...if they play a lot of tenor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts