Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a New Wonder C melody. Once it is overhauled there is no way I can put it back in the stinky case where it has been hiding for a really, really, long time! Are there any new cases still available? Please attach links if possible.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Bass Sax Boss
1,816 Posts
Any repair shop can get a C melody case from Allied Supply. Also, just look online. All of the currently available cases are black rectangular generic wood cases, but they are actually pretty good.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,982 Posts
Thanks! I will check with my repairman. He should have an Allied account. The Cadence price of $200.00 is a bit more than I want to pay for a case that will not likely be in heavy rotation.
Any music shop in the country that works with Allied can get you case for your C melody horn, and their markups vary. Take the time to call around and make inquiries. I recently did this to get a case for a vintage, fixed neck curved soprano. I ended up getting one for less than $200, but some dealers wanted to charge me that much and more. So if you have a good relationship with a music shop, or your tech as you mention, and they order from Allied, perhaps they can do you a solid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts