Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Saxonthemax said:
Bill - Telling me? This is my first post...
really? It all sounds so familiar, like I've had this same conversation with two other users in the past few days. Those USB Duo's must be really hot items on the used market.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Sorry, Hak is right, we have had a couple discussions about that piece of hardware.

In Audacity go into preferences and under I/O you will need to set the output to the built in sound card, and the input to the USB Duo. then you should be able to monitor the input signal as well as the backing tracks. I say should, because I have tried it with another USB input device and it didn't work as it should have. USB is pretty much a one way stream, so even if you did get the input signal back to the headphones thru the USB device the latency would be insufferable.

Also make sure you have checked "hear other tracks while recording new"

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
That's what I thought. I tried the play current track once and it was insufferable. just think about it, the sound has to leave your horn, go thru the usb to the pc, be compressed and then decompressed (yes even an "uncompressed" wav file is really compressed into signals the computer can understand,) then decompressed and back out... so there has to be some delay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts