Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not too sure on how to change pitch while just buzzing on the mouthpiece, or maybe how to practice just on the mouthpiece.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Use a tuner.....make sure it is set on 440....buzz. Play a Bb. To raise the pitch, constrict...to lower,relax. Do this for ten years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,
Just first: Do you mean to buzz a brass mouthpiece ? If so which instrument are you interesting in e.g.trumpet or trombone or tuba or other ? I would gladly continue if any interest.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi there,
Just first: Do you mean to buzz a brass mouthpiece ? If so which instrument are you interesting in e.g.trumpet or trombone or tuba or other ? I would gladly continue if any interest.
I think that is the intent. You are the first person to notice that this is posted under brasswinds. :bluewink:

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Chunsoo - go to youtube and search "how to buzz on a trumpet", "buzzing high to low", etc.

Don't spend a lot of time buzzing at any one time. Also, don't get frustrated if you can't get much range out of buzzing. My buzzing is horrible but I can play from a double pedal G to around double high C - although it won't knock any walls down. My point is that the buzzing inside the mpc when it's hooked up to the horn is working even if the buzzing only on the mpc without the horn is not. It works for many, but for some it does not.

·
Registered
Martin Indiana tenor sax. Yamaha 5 C mouthpiece, Rico Metalite 7 mouthpiece. Use synthetic reeds.
231 Posts
I am impatiently waiting on the Conn 16 M tenor sax to be ready. So I have been practicing on the mouthpiece. Wonder if it would be better to have a mouthpiece and a sax neck?

·
Grafton + TH & C alto || Naked Lady 10M || TT soprano || Martin Comm III
29,881 Posts
I am impatiently waiting on the Conn 16 M tenor sax to be ready. So I have been practicing on the mouthpiece. Wonder if it would be better to have a mouthpiece and a sax neck?
This thread is about trumpet / brass mouthpieces

·
Registered
Martin Indiana tenor sax. Yamaha 5 C mouthpiece, Rico Metalite 7 mouthpiece. Use synthetic reeds.
231 Posts
Ok. Thanks. I am a big fan on buzzing on a trumpet mouthpiece

·
Registered
231 Posts
Have been a trumpet player. Decided to go into another direction and start playing sax. Did some looking on the site, did find a revelant post.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts