Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
If it's the new Yamaha 221 II, it's the best plastic bass clarinet you can buy, in my opinion. You would have to pay several times as much for an instrument that's noticeably better. Any instrument that goes through the mail is going to need some adjustment on arrival. The delivery companies seem to take a "fragile" sticker as a challenge to abuse a parcel, and new instruments from the big internet vendors aren't generally packed very well. Compare prices, but also try to find reviews of the vendor you're considering. We just went through the same process in buying my wife's english horn. There were none of that model available within 2000 miles, so we had to order online and hope for the best. It worked out for us, and I think you'll do OK, too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yamaha quality is as good as any manufacturer. It might be the safest brand to buy on the internet. A good plastic instrument is better than a cheap wood one. Wood is no guarantee of quality. I wouldn't recommend trying to combine parts of different instruments, even if a factory would allow it. The parts of a Yamaha instrument are as identical as it's possible to make them within price restraints. I don't know how much Yamaha costs where you are. You might be able to get the Buffet intermediate model for near the cost of a Yamaha. That's a nice, WOOD, instrument.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.