Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a plug for votaw.

I have gasless soldering irons (3), alcohol lamps (about 6), and numerous other heating implements. Recently on an order from votaw (about 3-4 mths ago) I decided to buy there featured product, the new butane heater

What can I say, its so good I now have 3 and everything else is collecting dust. You can solder posts some joints, insert pads, basically everything a repairer in general needs.

The other good option is, gas refill cannisters here in australia cost 7 dollars a container, not much but we go through a few a week, it adds up. The butane heater from votaw accepts barbeque refill cartrdiges which run at 2.50 for a pack of 3.

So if your thinking, then I highly recommend this product. (No monies or gratuities have been given for this personal endorsement.)

http://www.votawtool.com/zcom.asp?pg=products&specific=jnqpindok

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
No doubt the Votaw is a great tool. For a torch that you can either lay on its back on your bench and use as a stationary flame or hold in your hand to take to the work I like the versatility of the Blazer ES-1000.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
these 2 torches are great. The tabletop and the Blazer. I also use a Dremel Versa Flame and some spanish Iroda torches. I like to have several different torches because they all have some strenghts and some cons and rotating them depending on the job that needs to be done is what I like.
To be 100% complete, if you do any serious fabrication or key repair, you absolutely need The Little Torch

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey juan, I have the little torch as well, exceptional unit (mines oxy / acetalene), however Ive noticed I dont use it any where near as much since we started purchasing these votaw units, all slides for brass are now soldered with just the votaw units, the only time I find it lacking is if you have a big solder job that you need fast heat

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
Hey juan, I have the little torch as well, exceptional unit (mines oxy / acetalene), however Ive noticed I dont use it any where near as much since we started purchasing these votaw units, all slides for brass are now soldered with just the votaw units, the only time I find it lacking is if you have a big solder job that you need fast heat
same here, I use it for key modding/fabbing, heavy bodywork requiring spot annealing, undone seams, cracks, filling material where's more wear damage than you'd be comfortable with, etc. (the little torch that is)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts