Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
Another n00b question. I have never touched a sax before, and am looking to pick up a budget student sax. After going through so many forum recommendations :toothy9:, I was originally looking at getting a Yamaha YAS-23.

But at this moment I'm not certain if I will truly enjoy this instrument, so my current plan is to pick up a cheaper Bundy II off ebay - but are there any other good brands in the Bundy's price range to keep and eye out for?

Other reasons for me trying to get a cheaper horn - need to factor in any COAs for it, as well as a teacher.

Thanks for any advice!

Alvin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone!
Grumps: Thanks! I will do a bit more research on this brand!

Dave: My budget for the sax is about 250-300 (judging by going ebay prices), and will probably pay a tad more if the sax is in a better condition. :) Rest of my budget I'm gonna use for the coa and teacher funding.

Enviroguy: Hey thanks for the recommendation!

terjeo: Will check your sax out. I won't be purchasing in the next few days though, I'm waiting the arrival of Larry Teal's book - Art of Saxaphone playing. I'm gonna need to read more about this instrument, understand what other needs and requirements before I make my final decision. Thanks though!

Thanks everyone! Still open to suggestions :)

Alvin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.