Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the "G" key on my Bundy TEnor sax close my octave KEY?
I assume no, but I'm new(ish) to the instrument. When I press the key, the octave key receds a little and the pad closes. ? I may just be know nothing, but some answer would be good.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Mope may have answered your question but I have no way of knowing:?

However the G is where the neck octave vent closes and the body octave vent opens. try fingering A then G with the Octave key pressed and watch what happens.

·
Registered
696 Posts
All saxophones I know of

... finger G then A .. again and again while watching the body octave key and the neck octave key, there should be no hesitation or evidence of stickiness

if stickiness

. . you need oil, or bending of neck octave lever, straightening of rods and or rod hinges or other parts of the
octave system to ensure that the above is true..

You may need thinner tube on the neck actuating lever or no tube at all.. if fact best if there is very small gap between the body lever and the neck lever to prevent the neck octave pad leaking just a tin bit

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
selmer 26 nino, 22 curved sop, super alto, King Super 20 and Martin tenors, Stowasser tartogatos
3,376 Posts
GumboV said:
Should the "G" key on my Bundy TEnor sax close my octave KEY?
I assume no, but I'm new(ish) to the instrument. When I press the key, the octave key receds a little and the pad closes. ? I may just be know nothing, but some answer would be good.
In a word: "yes".

Toby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts