Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While searching about Saxophones on the net I ran across the Bundy alto's. Are they any good? I started off looking at the Yamaha YAS 23 but now found others to maybe choose from. It will be for my 11 year old son just getting started this year. I'm not sure if he will stick with it or want to switch to something else. He has never played anything before, so I am trying to watch cost.
thanks for your help.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Yes, they are fine horns. I prefer the Yamahas for student horns, but the Bundys are just fine.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,215 Posts
For young students I prefer the Bundy over the Bundy II. They're built a little sturdier. The YAS23 is very popular in todays school band programs and are excellent student saxophones. If cost is a major factor you'll be able to get the Bundy for much less than the Yamaha. Be aware that the Bundy may need a few repairs to get in good playable condition and end up costing the same or more than the Yamaha if it's already set to go.

Another option is renting for a while. If your son decides to stick with it, you may be able to go with a rent-to-own plan. Rental instruments usually have a maintainance/repair plan included in the fee.

Lot's to think about when your child wants to try learning an istrrument.
Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts