Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Bundy contra in for a look-see. Not much wrong with it, so it was mostly fun getting to blow on a contra again! The serial number has me confused, though, it's #3362! *If* the contras are all part of the Bundy numbering system, that would put it before 1905(!), and we all know *that's* impossible. What do y'all know?

G-

·
Registered
929 Posts
What you're looking at is a Buescher serial number list, which isn't what was on Bundys before Selmer USA bought Buescher in 1963. I'd guess it would be from some point in the 50s then, probably on the later side of that, if the serial's specific to contras; or in the earlier part of the decade if all Bundy Clarinets shared serials regardless of pitch.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
873 Posts
For Bundy clarinets, each voice had its own serial number sequence (none of which had any relation to Buescher even after the buyout).

The Bundy contra was introduced in 1964, I'd estimate yours to be from the '70s.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Stocker and TrueTone, for your answers. I'm not surprised at the list being the wrong one, I was flailing around pretty badly at the time. Also, I'm sorry I didn't reply earlier, I'm used to getting emails when I get a reply on a thread, and this time, nothing.

So, Stocker, being from the '70s seems likely to me, knowing something about the public schools around here. Thanks for the info!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts