Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Bulletproof Saxophone Playing method and, if so, what they thought of it.

I'm particularly interested in material to help me bridge the gap between beginning and intermediate sax playing and exercises to help me memorize chords, master jazz patterns and interpret difficult phrasings on-site. If a piece is made up mostly of quarter and eighth notes, I can get through it pretty well, but once it gets into a lot of dotted eighth notes or a series of 16ths, I get lost pretty fast. (And lets forget about dotted 16ths completely for now.)

-Bill

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried the Bulletproof Saxophone Playing method and, if so, what they thought of it.

I'm particularly interested in material to help me bridge the gap between beginning and intermediate sax playing and exercises to help me memorize chords, master jazz patterns and interpret difficult phrasings on-site. If a piece is made up mostly of quarter and eighth notes, I can get through it pretty well, but once it gets into a lot of dotted eighth notes or a series of 16ths, I get lost pretty fast. (And lets forget about dotted 16ths completely for now.)

-Bill
Hello Bill,

I'm actually the creator of Bulletproof Saxophone Playing, although the vast majority of the info comes from the master class interview teachers I brought on (Rick Margitza, Walt Weiskopf, etc).

It sounds like what you're going for is more of a jazz as well as a music-reading method. That being the case, I am not so sure that Bulletproof Saxophone Playing will give you what you're looking for, since my program is almost entirely devoted to the mechanics of playing the sax (tone, technique, embouchure, breathing, body positioning, etc). I am actually currently working on a program in the same e-book + audio method, and this one focuses on jazz and features David Liebman, Bob Mintzer, and Bob Sheppard. If you sign up for my mailing list you'll be notified once that's out.

Anyhow, I don't mean to advertise here, I just want to make sure that whoever buys my stuff gets exactly what they were looking for, and if not, to let me know and I'll make it right one way or another.

Thanks for your interest!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doron,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your honesty about your own product, and that you didn't just try to make an easy sale. I'll sign up for the list and check out the new program when it's available.

BTW, I don't think it's considered advertising when someone asked about the product in the first place. ;-)

-Bill

·
Registered
363 Posts
Doron,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your honesty about your own product, and that you didn't just try to make an easy sale. I'll sign up for the list and check out the new program when it's available.

BTW, I don't think it's considered advertising when someone asked about the product in the first place. ;-)

-Bill
HA, OK, cool, glad to help. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts