Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help identifying my first student horn. bought it over a decade ago. The only information on the horn is the buffet logo and a bca91xxx serial. No model number and there is nothing I can really find on the buffet website. can anyone please help me with figuring out the model and other information about it?
View attachment 201586 View attachment 201594

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,887 Posts
It’s a Buffet 100, made in China. Good student horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2017
993 Posts
I have one. BCA 70XXX. My tech Bruce Belo, who plays a Selmer MKVI alto, set it up. He played it for 15 minutes straight and made it sing. He sees a great many horns and thought the build quality and playing attributes were better than a student horn. It is, however, a 100 and is marketed and priced as such. Sounds a bit more focused than my King Zephyr and Big "B" altos. But it can play. I believe they are good values.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,799 Posts
and the question is if they would sell.

There isn’t exactly a booming market for this kind of saxophone.

These horns surely fall in the category of saxophones that come the moment they need an overhaul the owner has to face the question whether to overhaul a saxophone that will always be worth less than the price on the overhaul.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,887 Posts
and the question is if they would sell.

There isn’t exactly a booming market for this kind of saxophone.

These horns surely fall in the category of saxophones that come the moment they need an overhaul the owner has to face the question whether to overhaul a saxophone that will always be worth less than the price on the overhaul.
This is the eternal question. I see a lot of these and the 400 for sale, but they almost never actually sell unless they are priced absurdly low. There was a 400 for sale on eBay for €400 and it sat there for weeks and weeks. I don’t know if it sold or they pulled the listing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts