Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buffet done it again. The new alto that landed is so good. Hated doing most alto for a very long time. I know this will change now. The SDA alto has such a lovely core. Again creamy, dark and very focused. I blow on the brighter side and I find these Buffet horns are the combo. Horn came setup amazing. Had a Howarth of London overhaul. There not cheap. And what a colour it is. I hate shiny horns but this baby is staying like that. Ergos are sweet also. Very very happy I am.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,935 Posts
If there are no pictures, it didn’t happen.

Let’s see it, BuffetBoy!

P.S. If Selmer’s “SA” stands for “Super Action”, does SDA decode to “Super Duper Action”?

What’s next? “Whiz Bang Action” (WBA)?

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Let’s see it, BuffetBoy!

P.S. If Selmer’s “SA” stands for “Super Action”, does SDA decode to “Super Duper Action”?

Do one now Dr for you in the cube

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,355 Posts

Let’s see it, BuffetBoy!

They are for playing to the dinner crowd. Super Dine Action

·
32,935 Posts
Do one now Dr for you in the cube
Thanks, Davey. We of the Cube miss you, but delight to know that you are happy in a parallel universe.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, Davey. We of the Cube miss you, but delight to know that you are happy in a parallel universe.
We B horn dogs know good things start with B !!!!!

·
32,935 Posts
We B horn dogs know good things start with B !!!!!
Amen.

Funny that you’ve mentioned that tho’. Many years ago, I was on a run of Guitars with a G - Gurian, Grimes, Gallagher, Gibson, Guild, Bourgeois (Hey, the g is in the middle)... The Gurian and Grimes were built custom for me back in the day, the Gallagher was a custom built for a close friend.

P.S. You know that I haven’t been “into” altos for a long while - even when I tried. My recent Borgani OBA02x with a Phil-Tone “Intrepid” has turned that all around. I can appreciate your current buzz with the Buffet.

All the best to ya!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
£1100.00 And I'm well pleased. Flawless it us dude

·
Registered
506 Posts
Damn thats a great price. This buffets are really underated. I Will have to go lower on the S3 prestige i am selling i Guess...

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn thats a great price. This buffets are really underated. I Will have to go lower on the S3 prestige i am selling i Guess...
Your S3 is a mighty fine horn for sure. So pretty.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amen.

Funny that you’ve mentioned that tho’. Many years ago, I was on a run of Guitars with a G - Gurian, Grimes, Gallagher, Gibson, Guild, Bourgeois (Hey, the g is in the middle)... The Gurian and Grimes were built custom for me back in the day, the Gallagher was a custom built for a close friend.

P.S. You know that I haven’t been “into” altos for a long while - even when I tried. My recent Borgani OBA02x with a Phil-Tone “Intrepid” has turned that all around. I can appreciate your current buzz with the Buffet.

All the best to ya!
Thank you Dr leader of our Borg up there in our cube. I think I may at last have found that alto sound I hear in my head but has never appeared , ha.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Amen.

P.S. You know that I haven’t been “into” altos for a long while -

Us both but as we have chatted on many nice occasions we both like the different, there own unique voice horns. I always wondered on the Buffet and never blew till about 4, 5 months back. My old sax teacher showed me a Buffet Prestige brochure about 34 years ago and I was in awe at the photos. Took all them years to try a Buffet. Crazy or what.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
Davey the first band I was in- back in 68/69- I played a SDA alto -guess what? I sold it for £40.00!! in '71, got no money and our son had just been born. Had the matching tenor but kept that -long gone now of course...........................

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Davey the first band I was in- back in 68/69- I played a SDA alto -guess what? I sold it for £40.00!! in '71, got no money and our son had just been born. Had the matching tenor but kept that -long gone now of course...........................
Maybe I got them now, ha

·
Registered
180 Posts
I guess I am not the only one that felt the need to have multiple Buffet Saxs :) My alto is a later Dynaction, 1956, and has that great Buffet sound, while my Conn has a bigger sound, but the Buffet just seems to have something more to it. Congrats on your recent purchases!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea sure have there own vibe. Dark. Lush and focused

1 - 20 of 23 Posts