Sax on the Web Forum banner

Buffet S2 Tenor landed

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Borganiboy 
#1 ·
Just got a rare Buffet S2 Tenor. Amazing condition. A tad brighter than my SDA but pure Buffet tones. Very thick, creamy. The thing can wail also. Rehearsal to night and cant wait. Always wondered about Buffets for lots of years and after my alto SDA lands tomorrow I will have three :twisted: most horn dogs will never get a chance to try a Buffet. You should try and find one.

#4 ·
Time to start calling you BuffetBoy??? :twisted: :bluewink:

Happy times, Davey. All the best to you in your continuing Quest.

#8 ·
Well the sad bit is I still sound like me . Ha. Had a jazz trio rehearsal to night and I loved it. Boys loved it. Ergos are great for me. Like my SDA Tenor the balance is way off where the strap ring is. I made a extender for the SDA and it is perfect now. Do same on the S2. Was using a DG Studio piece on it to night which I just got yesterday off Andy Brush . Sounded nice. SDA Alto tomorrow. Can't wait.

#10 ·
Like my SDA Tenor the balance is way off where the strap ring is. I made a extender for the SDA and it is perfect now.
I'd be interested to see or hear how your extender was made and where it puts the new strap connection point. I never thought of that on my S2 tenor, but the edge of the LH thumbrest was digging into my thumb and that might have been down to a balance issue rather than its shape.

Good luck with the S2 tenor.

Rhys

#9 ·
From what I have read and understand, The S2 is the same basic horn as the S1 without the S1's fancy keywork. I love my S1 and the sound I get from it, and if the S1 and S2 are truly the same, sans keywork, you got an amazing sounding horn! Congrats!

#12 ·
Only difference is the S1 has a metal thumb rest, S2 plastic and the S1 C/Eb brass roller system. The S2 C/Eb is more like a Super Dynaction. Both have the same S1 left hand pinky table, more engraving on the S1.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.