Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have been asked to sell a saxophone from the estate of a recently passed friend and I need some information regarding the value of the horn.

The instrument is a Buffet S1 soprano sax. This horn has high F# and high G keys. The body is in good shape with no dents and has recently been repaded.

I do not see these horns come up often for sale. Can anyone offer a price range for this instrument?

Thanks,
Rick D

·
Registered
802 Posts
There are some threads discussing value of these particular horns, best to search and read them.

From memory it will depend on the series, because there are some variations, but somewhere around 1300$ if it's in good condition.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
I have an early S1 soprano which is almost identical to the SuperDynaction but for a few changes in the keyword. Range is to my liking - no High F#. When I see one for sale on eBay, I bookmark it.

The last one to sell was like mine but has the high F#. It sold for $2000.

Yours is a later model and those have gone for as much as $3300 but the market is much softer now. Prices are hard to determine but in nice condition a dealer would still be asking 3 grand or so. Individual sellers can expect to see about 20% less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have sold mine a few months ago in France for 2000€ (~ $2300).

It was built in 1985 (mint condition, high G, special keywork). The buyer was a classical musician and didn't even try the sax, I've just sent him a bunch of photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts