Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well only got a Buffet Prestige Tenor. Been chasing this horn for months. At last I got it. So happy I must say. Bare copper body and neck and a spare brass neck. All good things to he who waits.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,027 Posts
Nice looking horn! Was it made with a naked body, neck and bell and lacquered keys or did a previous owner de-lacquer it?

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been stripped. Copper is a lovely patina

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Months of chasing it and nearlys I got it. Goes great along with my S2 tenor

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any other Tenor Prestige owners on here

·
Registered
181 Posts
How are you liking the S1 keywork on the Prestige? I like the trick pinky clusters myself; kind of jelous of the Prestige's copper body!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Feels great. Very slick ergos. My S2 is the same as the Prestige apart from the low Eb/C table and a brass front F. Both are wonderful to play. Can't believe it took me so long to try a Buffet. Better late than never they say. Next will be a Buffet soprano. Will be getting the S2 delacqured also. I always like unique horns and these sure are.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great horn! The copper colour is very cool, I loved this finish...

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very nice! Never seen a prestige tenor. Love the altos - one of the players in a band I play with has one, and it's a super-slick machine.

I'll be the dissenting voice here, though, finish-wise - I prefer the look of the laquered horns. The non-patina copper colour is just gorgeous. To each his/her own...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks! Just waiting for Buffet to launch the Senzo soprano to complete the family!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have heard both are on its way...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts