Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on here fans of the Dynaction, NOT Super Dynaction, models? I have 1956 Dynaction alto that just wails, purrs, and everything in-between. It is mouthpiece friendly, descent ergos, great intonation, and I like it better than my Late Conn NWII. Mines getting to be kind of ugly looking, but to me that means its had lots of love being played!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Never blew a Dynaction. Had a great SDA Alto and tenor, true tone monsters. Buffet has there own sound vibe for sure. Had the S1 Prestige but my true love of the 3 Buffet tenors is my S2, makes me smile. wonderful horn. All my Buffets had that crazy good buffet intonation thing.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pictures of my Dynaction. I did get a 1940's predecessor to the Dynaction with the wire keyguards, however, it is not in playing condition at the time. It looks very similar, however, the Dynaction is a large bore sax and the 1940's horn is not, which is noticible on the lefthand palm key tone holes and their location relative to the neck receiver.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm pulling a Borganiboy, I just acquired myself an early 1950's Dynatction Tenor. I briefly owned a 1953 Dynaction when I was in college, but it needed more work than I could afford at the time and traded it with a member on here for a Yamaha YTS-62. To this day I regret trading off that Dynaction. This one plays as it is, but I will be taking it in for some minor adjustments. I do not need 3 tenors so I will be seeling a pristine circa 2001 Yamaha Tenor. Enjoy some pictures of my new toy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts