Sax on the Web Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Buffet's current 'intermediate' offering (if one goes by those sorta labels), the 100 series.

I usually have little nice to say about contemporary Asian horns but this one is a good one; maybe not so surprising considering Buffet would have very good quality control.

I first encountered these when an SOTW'er asked me to service up an Alto he had purchased on eFlay. I was pretty impressed with the precision of construction once it was on my bench. I ended up getting another off eFlay which I flipped, and again it exhibited a lot of positive attributes during servicing.

This horn is in very good shape, around 85% original lacq.; some spotting and scratching here and there. Some lacq wear on the bow. She came in needing almost nothing, really, other than a bath, some regulation tweaks, and a few small dings attended to.
We changed 3 pads although they probably didn't need it.
Rest of pads in great shape and sealing fine, horn speaks up and down very well.

Buffet did some R&D on these with the focus on tone quality. As a result, you have a horn which is fuller, wider and lusher toned than your typical Yama 23/275/26 or Jupe. Also the keywork is snappier than those Yamas.

So I'd say, for someone searching for a good horn which has a bigger, more signature/less 'generic-modern' sorta tone to it, with a bit more slickness and response to the keywork - this would be your ticket.

Comes with case in decent, usable shape.

$619
plus ship Paypal. $595 US Postal MO, Paypal F&F method, or Bank cashier check.

Ships from NM.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey George, is it my imagination, or is that a tighter bow curve, than usually found on most horns? Maybe Buescher-like?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thanks all for the replies, this baby is sold. Bow curve a bit tighter than some, yes, although not dramatically so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.