Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about buying a set of horns, a Buescher TT silver plated alto, tenor and bari sax. The owner says they are all in good playing condition and need no repair. He is offering them to me for $600.00 for the entire set of three. Would anyone recommend this purchase. I know that the aristocrat saxes are well viewed but it seems the True Tone saxes don't get much attention. Thanks for any help. I have included a picture.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,450 Posts
I can't tell if the Tenor is a C or Bb, but that strikes me as a very good deal in any case.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all three for $750.00

All three plus the bari stand in the pic, shipped and insured to Florida, he wants $750.00, I am seeing if he will go down to $700.00. or should i just take the $750.00?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
markwigginton said:
All three plus the bari stand in the pic, shipped and insured to Florida, he wants $750.00, I am seeing if he will go down to $700.00. or should i just take the $750.00?
I thought he wanted 650 originally. Now its up to 750? Hurry up before he wants more than 750!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the silver set

It was $600.00 for the saxes and $150 for packing, shipping & insurance. So that made $750...but he went down to $700 for everything, even a bari stand from the pic.

He also has a silver plated curved conn soprano serial# 61xxxx he wants $500.00 for w/ a selmer square chamber mouthpiece before shipping, etc

And a Big B Aristocrat Tenor for $400.00. I was going to take all five horns for $1500.00 but he pulled back on the Big B tenor and then wanted to give me the soprano and the set of three TT's for $1200.00.

For now I am just going with the set of TT's. I will let you know how they are when they come in. He's getting back to me on the serial #s for the set of TT's but they are all low pitch.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,029 Posts
I would put the alto as about $500, the tenor (if Bb) at $750, the Bari at $1,200 assuming they will play. Take the Conn soprano too if it is low pitch. I will take it if you don't want it. Great deal, don't miss out!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
1,391 Posts
Mark,,

You have a great deal there,,,better hurry up and close the deal.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Serial #s

Here are the serial numbers for the Silver Plate TT's

The Tenor sax is 143350
The Alto Sax is 131354
The Bari Sax is 97134

I will ask to see if the soprano is sold yet, if not I will pass it on to you. I am not sure how much extra the shipping will be, etc, but he originally wants $500.00 for the soprano. I'll get back to you.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Serial # typo

the alto is 181354 not 131354.

He just emailed me and he wants $700 for the soprano, shipped, packed and insured, if anyone is interested, let me know and I will pass the email address on to ya.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
743 Posts
Why doesn't this kind of thing ever happen to me? I have been a music teacher for 31 years and a musician for 42!

:cry:

Sax Magic

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
Sax Magic said:
Why doesn't this kind of thing ever happen to me? I have been a music teacher for 31 years and a musician for 42!

:cry:

Sax Magic
You know the saying, " if its too good to be true then it probably is". I hope this guy is getting a reliable deal and not swindled. Anyone check those serial #'s? Not trying to be negative, maybe just jealous.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The saxes are on the way

The saxes are on the way. The bad part is that I will be in Israel from the 16th to the 25th, so I will not get to play them until I get back. I will let you know how they are. He is a real nice guy, around 78 years old. He is still playing, has his band that travels around playing at retirement homes and bingo halls. I did think that maybe I was getting swindled but I have spent a lot of time talking back and forth with him and his wife and if they swindled me then they sure did a great job but sure is worth the risk. I wired the money to their account so if anything atleast I know Bank of America knows who they are. I'll post some pics when they come in.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Did you check to make sure that the horns are Low Pitch? If not, they are practically worthless.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,001 Posts
I think you ran into a very good deal, maybe a great deal, if those horns are in good condition as advertised. I doubt it's any kind of swindle. Even if all 3 horns need an overhaul, it's still a good price.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts