Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi . . . I acquired a Buescher True-Tone Baritone Sax a couple years ago. It is serial number 215778 and tagged a 'Low Pitch' horn. Trying to determine its year of manufacture and potential value. It's in pretty great shape, so I'm guessing it may have been refinished a number of years ago. Anyone with some knowledge of this vintage horn, I'd appreciate your feedback.
Thanks!

·
Registered
YTS-82Z, B-992, ‘Crat 1 alto
1,181 Posts
According to this site, 1926.

You should post pics of your horn to get better feedback.

My first sax (other than 2 Yamaha student models I inherited from my kids after they left home) was a Buescher, though a later model, Aristocrat Series 1 from 1939 or 40.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,729 Posts
It's in pretty great shape, so I'm guessing it may have been refinished a number of years ago.
Made in the mid 1920's. If it's got a gold lacquered finish, then it's been refinished. If it has silver plate, it's likely original. Gold plate would be a rare bird. But assuming it's got silver plate and is in near playing shape, keyed up to high F, you might get up to $800 for it in a private sale. Refinished and in need of an overhaul, maybe around $500. It has to have an original neck though, and we'd have to see pictures to give you a better idea of value, as opposed to a rough estimate. .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts