Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I am in search of a case for a Buescher Bass Saxophone, if any of you know where to get one please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

-Mario.

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
very difficult to find and more importantly, nearly impossible to ship for weight and dimensions.

You may want to use some alternatives such as a gigbag or maybe the IW bass saxophone case (if you find one)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Milandro,

I am getting a Buescher Bass today, but there is no case with it so that is why i'm looking for one.

Who sells the gig bag version, any idea?

wow, they are shipping a bass sax without a case!?

I sincerely hope that they did hell of a packing job!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bass-Saxo...UK_MusicalInstr_Access_RL&hash=item53f781133e

Total bag length: 150cm
Max. bell diameter: 24cm
Bag width at bell position: 53cm
Bag length from foot end to bell: 98cm

Our Stylish gig bags are Light-weight , strong and practical. Hand made in the U.K. The durable padding offers excellent instrument protection at affordable cost. Each bag comes with a hard-wearing polyester coated fabric on the outside and 25mm thickness foam inside.. the material touching the instrument is brushed velour. This is specially designed for a Bass Saxophone . These gig bags are made here in the U.K and we need about ten days to make it for you. You can, if you wish have backpack straps fitted by special request only. Comes with a Should strap and carrying handles and outside zippered side pocket for Mouthpiece , reeds etc. The dimensions are :-

IF you consider OTHER brands (not custom made)

It is VERY important to read this!!!!

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showt...ES-NOT-FIT-Vintage-Basses&highlight=gard+bass

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I'm am hoping the same.

The UK bag does not ship to the USA unfortunately.

Well I'm am hoping the same.

The UK bag does not ship to the USA unfortunately.
I am quite sure that they might accommodate you (get in touch a lot of sellers just simply haven't the option enabled) or perhaps you can ask a British SOTW member to do this for you

Follow the link I gave above

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showt...ES-NOT-FIT-Vintage-Basses&highlight=gard+bass

the GARD DOESNT FIT a Buescher!

Incase anybody was wondering this product DOES NOT FIT american made vintage basses

It is only 42in long

Ask me how I know! :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/woodwinds/gard-mid-suspension-em-bass-saxophone-gig-bag
I have a 1924 Buescher Bass. I bought the Gard Bass Bag. Tag on it even said Bass Saxophone. It was no where close. I had to sent it back for a refund. I suspect it is for what most people call a french style bass (like a Selmer) as they have a different "wrap" to them making them much shorter.

And that, is how I know.
THESE FOLKS make Bas sax gigbags

http://glenncronkhite.com

Glenn Cronkhite Custom Cases makes bags.
Torpedo Bags makes cases.
In the same Minneapolis factory.

It's kind of like when some people clap on 1 and 3, and others clap on 2 and 4 -

You know what works for you, but either way, all the beats are covered.

We welcome your inquiry.

612-849-3574

[email protected]

Torpedo Bags, Inc.
2645 26th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55406
USA

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Milandro,

I am wondering if they are redesigning the GARD case.

Thank you so very much for your help.

-Mario.

depends, they designed their case to fit the short wrap bass saxophones, which are way more modern.

Registered
Hello friends,

I am in search of a case for a Buescher Bass Saxophone, if any of you know where to get one please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

-Mario.
Rheuben Allen in New York offers cases for this type bass sax. Also, I believe your local music store should be able to order (maybe from Allied Music Supply) a typical standard plywood, Tolex covered, case. You can also contact International Woodwind, who sell a Chinese made bass sax of similar dimensions, and who probably could order a case from that manufacturer.

I would NEVER try to carry a bass sax in a gig bag. The horn is so heavy, and the keys so long, that the potential for damage is, in my opinion, unacceptable. If you would not carry the horn around with no case at all, you should not be carrying it around in a bag; because carrying a bass sax in a bag is basically the same as carrying it around in nothing at all.

yes, I did suggest that case already.

I think several people use Cronkhite, there is a proven record.

the IW bass saxophone case (if you find one)
By the way , I think Scott Robinson carries his contrabass in a gigbag.

Registered
By the way , I think Scott Robinson carries his contrabass in a gigbag.
That doesn't prove anything except that he carries his contrabass in a bag. I once gave a ride to a very fine professional trombonist who was at least 70 years old (so plenty of life experience), and who put his irreplaceable Selmer trombone, in a lightweight gig bag, directly in front of my baritone sax (in its hard case) in the cargo area of a Jeep Cherokee. One hard stop and that would have been the end of the trombone. (I pulled the trombone out and carefully laid it in a place where it was safer.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is an email response from Torpedo Bags:

"Thank you for reaching out to us. Glenn does have a pattern for a bass saxophone. I would think that it would be a universal fit, but if you are able to send measurements we can make sure that it fits before you order.

We haven鈥檛 quite made our way to the saxophone line just yet, but should hopefully be able to get to them in the next couple months. I can certainly add you to our list and let you know when they are available to order"

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And here is an email response from the WWBW:

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately we do not carry any cases for the bass sax, however we could inquire about special ordering one for you from International Woodwinds and get you a price and the estimated shipping time. If you would like for us to do so, please give us a call at 800-348-5003, and we can get the correspondence started"

That doesn't prove anything except that he carries his contrabass in a bag. I once gave a ride to a very fine professional trombonist who was at least 70 years old (so plenty of life experience), and who put his irreplaceable Selmer trombone, in a lightweight gig bag, directly in front of my baritone sax (in its hard case) in the cargo area of a Jeep Cherokee. One hard stop and that would have been the end of the trombone. (I pulled the trombone out and carefully laid it in a place where it was safer.)
One can make and hard case ( another pun :) ) against a gig bang but dealing with a 50Kg ( case + horn) makes this a very difficult proposition.

I have played with bass saxophone players who use and hard case on wheels and carried at the back of a Volvo 700 estate.

Distinguished SOTW Member
The IW bag fits my Buescher bass well. I lucked out and found mine on fleabay a few years back.

Registered
Way too late for the OP, but I was shocked to see these Glenn Cronkhite bass sax gig bags from Torpedo Bags pop up on ebay (looks like it's made for long wraps):

I'd never use a gig bag either, but some don't mind the risk. Keeps techs in business I guess.

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
Way too late for the OP, but I was shocked to see these Glenn Conkhite bass sax gig bags from Torpedo Bags pop up on ebay (looks like it's made for long wraps):

I'd never use a gig bag either, but some don't mind the risk. Keeps techs in business I guess.
This is the bag I use. For getting the horn around town it is great!! Would not take it on long trips, but that doesn't happen often with the bass anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts