Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pretty decent late 20's alto that is missing a couple octave key parts. The little tilting/sliding shoe, the rod asembly and the screw for the neck octave pip key actuation, right at the tenon. I'd really like to get this horn working - are there any sources for key parts for these horns? Anyone have an old wall hanger laying around that wouldn't miss these parts?

My horn is lacquer finish but I'd take whatever finish I could get..........

Octave mechanism that is missing parts:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/parts_pics/20170427_165154.jpg

Octave mechanisim with all the parts present and accounted for:
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/parts_pics/20170427_165128.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking for the "octave lever" for a 1921 Buescher Tru Tone alto.sax. Mine is gold plated but I'll take what I can find. The pic shows the one I've found for $25 plus $10 shipping. the red line show where mine broke off and went away. The guy says he will gold plate it for another $90. But I'd rather find a brass one for cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm in Orlando. I think the part is called an "octave lever". It's broken and half gone. 1921 Buescher Tru tone alto, gold plated. I found one for $25 + $10 shipping, but it's silver plated. I guess I could buff off the silver and use the raw brass or wax / lacquer it? But I'd rather find a brass one. The guy said he would gold plate this one for another $90 but I'm not feeling rich.

this is a pic of the silver one I found. The red line is where mine is broken off and lost.

I feel I could reach a lot more sources if I understood where to post this.

Attachments

·
Registered
YTS-82Z; B991; 'Crat 1 alto
1,556 Posts
Thanks, I figgered SaxOnTheWeb would be a good place to find that tech, but navigations is a mystery. Where is "parts wanted?"
Access to the Classifieds section of this site requires at least 6 months membership and 50 posts. So you just need some more posts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been here for years. This requirement only serves to encourage frivolous posting. I don't even know what a "post" is, or where to "post" it.
I've been here for years. This requirement only serves to encourage frivolous posting. I don't even know what a "post" is, or where to "post" it.

·
Registered
YTS-82Z; B991; 'Crat 1 alto
1,556 Posts
Yes, I know you have been around for a while. I don’t make the rules, just tried to inform you of the reason.

A post is any comment you post in a thread whether a reply or a simple additional comment or first post opening a new thread. This collection of sentences I am writing will be a post once I hit the “post reply” button.

But with your repeated (I expect unintentional) posts above, you are certainly getting closer to the magic number of 50. However, I understand that frivolous posts aren’t supposed to count toward the total, stuff like just adding in your “welcome” to a new member, etc., though I don’t know that anyone is really checking on post quality or content to determine if they should count.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts