Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a friends old Buescher alto he was gettin rid of, but he threw away the case a while back cuz it smelled bad. So I have this horn, but no place to put it, and it has an extra pad on the inside so it won't fit the cases in the local shop for modern horns. Anyone know where I could get a hold of one? Or maybe a case that it'd fit into?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
My Buescher TT Series III alto fits snugly in an older SKC contoured case. If it will fit in one of these, it should fit in almost any case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey so I ordered a pro tec MAX contoured gig bag an it doesn't fit. Which model is it? I just bought the cheapes tone I could find.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,127 Posts
Are you talking about an actual True Tone? (split bell keys) Because TT's aren't the only model with 'True Tone' stamped into the body tube.

Regardless, all of my TT and Aristocrat altos fit nicely into a standard Pro Tec contoured case (2nd to most recent design). I'm not sure how Buescher altos fit in the newest cases (standard & XL).

I've never owned a Max case, so I can't comment on the fit in those.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,440 Posts
That is a mystery to me, although I admit not knowing exactly what a MAX is. If it is truly a gig-bag for an alto, I can't imagine why it wouldn't fit. And, if it is the shaped Pro-Tec case, I don't know why your TT doesn't fit in that, either.

Frankly, the position of the bell pads (split-bell, right side or left side) shouldn't matter because I have all three designs and each is in a shaped Pro-Tec case (a TT from the early '20's; a Big B Aristrocrat, and a Ref 54, each one with different bell-pad positions) and they all fit well. DAVE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts