Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Video of one of those nights when something happens and they allow me :tsk: near the musicians :mrgreen:

We're playing Buescher tenors. Federico Viceconte (1st tenor) is playing a 323k Big B tenor with a custom "TM'ized" link (.109"), all by me. I'm playing a 317K 400 THC tenor with a .118" TM NY link.

EDIT: yes, left the important link behind...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8RgAQK6b4

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,107 Posts
There's one link missing!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,107 Posts
Good stuff JI! Thanks. I caught your bass clarinet playing too! :D

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,384 Posts
Fat beautiful tenor SOUNDS, man! -- I LOVE two tenor stuff, and it's really nice, swinging playing from both of you guys ... I'd have loved to have been hanging out for that gig! (And I'm gonna have to check out Buescher tenors one of these days.)

(Pardon me if this is a stupid question, Juan, but what's a TM'ized Link?)

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff JI! Thanks. I caught your bass clarinet playing too! :D
Thanks!

Fat beautiful tenor SOUNDS, man! -- I LOVE two tenor stuff, and it's really nice, swinging playing from both of you guys ... I'd have loved to have been hanging out for that gig! (And I'm gonna have to check out Buescher tenors one of these days.)

(Pardon me if this is a stupid question, Juan, but what's a TM'ized Link?)
Thanks man. You're welcome and we have GOOD wines down here... and you don't even need to bring your horn 'cuz you can have my TH&C alto! (you're running out of excuses huh? hehehehh)
the mumbo jumbo about the link is because it's a heavily modified long body babbit, here: https://picasaweb.google.com/jicaino/ToneMasterIzedLink?authkey=Gv1sRgCLOvmbCj08qsSg

Excellent!!
THanks!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Excellent, I enjoyed that very much, thanks! Really nice, straight-ahead playing from both of you. Some great double-time interjections from you in particular.

Played my first Bueschers last week, and I've got to agree the 400 can be something very special! (I liked it better than the Aristocrats I played...didn't get to play a Big B but Federico's is sounding great in that clip). Out of all I tried at a couple of places, two horns--- a 400 and a Mk VI--- really did it for me. You guys show without doubt that these things can handle hard bop (or whatever...) with a vengeance! Thanks again.

Howard

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Juan, could you have compressed that video any more? :)

Sounded great, man. Enjoyed listening to it!

Kelly, I'm coming to Buffalo on Saturday. What's the scene like this coming weekend, and OBTW, I can bring my Buescher tenor to try if you want. I'm certain not to leave it behind, however, no matter how much money you may have to offer. Leaving on Monday morning, back to the Big Apple.

·
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Excellent, I enjoyed that very much, thanks! Really nice, straight-ahead playing from both of you. Some great double-time interjections from you in particular.
Played my first Bueschers last week, and I've got to agree the 400 can be something very special! (I liked it better than the Aristocrats I played...didn't get to play a Big B but Federico's is sounding great in that clip). Out of all I tried at a couple of places, two horns--- a 400 and a Mk VI--- really did it for me. You guys show without doubt that these things can handle hard bop (or whatever...) with a vengeance! Thanks again.
Howard
Hey Howard! thanks man. Yeah the bueschers can handle the abuse. If properly built and fit they're really slicky devils! fast action! I have mine with bushings and blued needle springs... I don't like the softness of the nortons. I'm working with my hands all day and I have developed the need of having the horn set a little more heavy than 40, 50 or 60 years old nortons allows.

Juan, could you have compressed that video any more? :)
There's an uncompressed version of it on Facebook! heheheheeh :twisted: what do you guys want to see me for? I compressed everything on the video and left the audio at a better quality...

Sounded great, man. Enjoyed listening to it!
Kelly, I'm coming to Buffalo on Saturday. What's the scene like this coming weekend, and OBTW, I can bring my Buescher tenor to try if you want. I'm certain not to leave it behind, however, no matter how much money you may have to offer. Leaving on Monday morning, back to the Big Apple.
Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
Beautiful Juan. Post more!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts