Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Need some information on A Buescher BU 6 bari Low A... Student horn, what are they going for and how good are they as a back up horn? Thanks...

Philo

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,408 Posts
Sounds okay.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/archive/index.php/t-2526.html

In the $2500 range I have to recommend the Kessler Music 'Solist' baritone. I've had mine since 2015 and have yet to have to do anything to it although it is needing a clean/lube right now. Its my only baritone because I only double on it but i'm taking it to every gig now and playing it on about 30% to 40% of the numbers depending on which group I'm with. It took me some time to find the mouthpiece for it but now I have two - a 1975 Brilhart Level Air and a Brancher HR L29. These two take different cork sizes so I have a neck for each one. Mainly I play the Level Air because of its huge bottom end but the Brancher has a beautiful singing tone - choices, choices.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Several years ago I came across a new Buescher BU soprano in a local store. I handled it, then handed it back without requesting to play it, and left the store in total disgust . . . disgust that some idiot put the revered name of Buescher on such an abomination. Unforgiveable. Based on that one experience, I wouldn’t accept a Buescher BU anything as a gift. DAVE

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Really, it's almost like there ought to be forums for "Real Bueschers" and "New 'Bueschers'" and "Real Conns" and "New 'Conns'" and so on. What's currently being sold as "Buescher" is just another interchangeable Far-Eastern horn, under a different name. It has no more to do with the Buescher saxophones that made that name famous, than I have to do with the saint whose first name I happen to share.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I Love the new Saxophonist Performing Concerto Bari sax's!!!🤗🎆🎷🏅🎶😨 These are high end Quality Pro level Saxophone's. They are built with brass ribbed key's Golf clear coat. They are made out of100% LOVE of quality materials . I have the Bronze and Copper model made after the Yani b922 and there new bwo2buo2 . If your intrested email ! You will be one step closer to your most prized possession a brand new SPC ,Saxophonist Performing Concerto saxophone or saxophones. There line is from soprano to bass saxs made in your specific materials and set up to your dancing fingers to play your way!🤗 So do not waste time thinking about it better things are comeing your way,if you play, a SPC.INC- Saxophonist Performing Concerto .

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,202 Posts
Looks like a shill to me ...brriend, you do nkt have permission to post "for sale" ads yet. And this is in the wrong place anyway. And the format is wrong ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts