Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a Buescher Aristocrat tenor that is in pretty good shape and has minor lacquer wear. The serial number is 574xxx. I was wondering when this sax was made and if it's good?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
574 is post Selmer buyout, yet it's made with Buescher parts (up untill mid 600k serials are Buescher parts)

After the 420k mark they get a tad more inconsistent regarding QC but they're still plenty of seriously good horns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your help. It's only priced at $250. Do you have any comments about the price or know of anything I should look out for because it's priced that low.

I haven't been to the store to try it out yet.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
4,507 Posts
go to try it out, or if you're in the lower 48's just buy it blindfolded and if ain't good enough for you I'll meet your investment on "'da beast" :bluewink:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
747 Posts
Yes, if in playable condition, $250 is a steal for a fine American tenor. Juan's offer to buy it from you if you don't like it is very generous, but also an indicator of just how good these tenors are. For that matter, I would buy it for $250 as a backup to my 1951 Aristocrat if you don't want it.
Sax Magic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the help! I won't be able to try it out for a few weeks but when I do, I'll let you know how I like it! Also, Thank you both for the offers. If I end up buying it and not liking it after, I might take you up on them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts