Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father bought me a bu-3 soprano as a gift and i dont know much about bueschers any one want to help me out on how this sax

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
raf:): Unfortunately, your Buescher BU-3 is a VERY inexpensive Chinese-made (maybe Taiwanese - not sure about that) saxophone. It is not associated with the great instruments of the past made by Buescher of Elkhart, Indiana.

I've only seen one BU-3 and I didn't even try to play it because it looked so poorly made. Maybe they've improved since the one I saw a few years ago.

I don't mean to rain on your parade - maybe yours will play decently enough, but that's my opinion of them. I hope it is better - and that you enjoy it. DAVE

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi raf:) ,

I have a Buecher Bu-4 Alto that I purchased about four years ago. In my opinion they are a solid student level horn. I would suggest using a quality mouthpiece, make sure your reeds are the correct hardness for your embouchure, and use a tuner, often, to see if there are any notes that are really out of tune.

Good luck and happy playing;)
Reg

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
They are actually OK horns but the mouthpieces are usually junk. You may want to try some at a store to see if it works better. Remeber to use Soprano reeds and not clarinet reeds. I like the Selmer mouthpieces in a D or E opening but if you are on a budget, get a BARI Esprit for under $20.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts