Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just sharing a couple videos here... I've been hard at work writing charts and horn parts for my friend/colleague Danny Smart here. He's the guitar soloist onboard, and we did a featured show with him and the orchestra, including one of his original songs "Blackbird." The second one is a short (surprise) solo on the tune "Have I Told You Lately" by Van Morrison and made famous by Rod Stewart.
-Bubba-
Sucks with all that set and production lighting they couldn't even give you a spot for your solos.
But seriously, I'm amazed by the cruise expenditure for musical entertainment!
Audience guaranteed, steady pay, travel, decent food and fun international crew I hope, chance to make your musical mark to whatever degree you are into it--not an awful gig, most of the time, seems like.
After Navy aircraft carrier cruises I was ship's doc and windsurfing instructor on Wind Star many decades ago--something about the sea. My buddy our trio's Polish bass player liked to borrow my cabin for passenger trysts.

·
Registered
648 Posts
The lighting guy is actually killer--...took him about 5 seconds to get the overhead light on me... there was a spotlight for that moment.
Sorry my first reaction was to find something negative to criticize. Cool that you admire and respect your crew and they support your performance. Re: my other irrelevant comment, guess I was mostly guilty that I got a passenger stateroom and others were crammed in 2- or 3-to-a-tiny-cabin.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts